Health risks from being overweight
These difficulties are associated with obese and overweight adults
Adults whose Body Mass Index is greater than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is greater than 30 (obese
) have a marked increase in risk for various diseases and health conditions, including,:
BMI Prime is simple way of defining a single figure that is not immedieately related to any other units of measurement, but which can quickly and easily rank a person into a category. :Eg:
- BMI Prime < 0.74 = Underweight
- BMI Prime > 0.74 and < 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime > 1 = Overweight
This app will calculate your body mass index and tell you if you are underweight, overweight or if your weight is optimal. Just enter your vital statistics and click the button. Your result will be shown on a graph for you.
The BMI Formula
Use the body mass formula to get your bmi
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)