Health dangers due to obesity
These dangers are identified with overweight and obese adults
Adults that have a BMI of greater than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is greater than 30 (obese
) have an intensified risk for many diseases and health conditions, including,:
Body Mass Index Prime is method of using the results of the BMI calculations to quickly and easily rank a person into a category. Eg:
- BMI Prime less than 0.74 = Underweight.
- BMI Prime greater than 0.74 and less than 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime greater than 1 = Overweight
This app will calculate your body mass index and tell you if you are underweight, overweight or if your weight is optimal. Just enter your vital statistics and click the button. Your result will be shown on a graph for you.
How it's calculated
You can use the following formula to calculate your BMI :
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)